Make this delicious chili over the fire with a rack that sits on the fire and skillet. This recipe calls for a can of chili, or you could bring a bag of frozen home-made chili to give your camp meal a taste of home!
- 1 (16 oz) box elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili
- 1 (7 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into skillet. Make sure the water covers the pasta. Turn the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes (optional: add a bit of salt to taste).
- Cook on high, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add chili and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and top with corn chips and Cheddar cheese. Serve immediately.
(Thanks to SixSistersStuff for the recipe!)